American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™

This forum has been created to allow open discussion for American Alsatian breeders only.

HomeEventsGalleryLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Changing Our Name?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Changing Our Name? Empty
PostSubject: Changing Our Name?   Changing Our Name? Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 14:29

Originally posted by Shepaluteprez on Dec. 30, 2008.

Well, this has been on my mind for quite some time. It's a hard topic to talk about as changing the name of a breed is quite an undertaking and I'm not sure it will go smoothly. But, I figure I'll bring up the topic with everyone here and see what you all think. You see, there are two reasons why I'm thinking about finding a new name of our breed. The first reason is that Alsatian, while it has a nice ring to it, is a word that describes where a dog comes from. Well, our breed does not come from Alsace. Actually, the German Shepherd Dog doesn't either, but that's another topic. Secondly, Shepalute is ALWAYS mispronounced when read and when spoken most folks cannot understand what was said. They always ask me to repeat the name and have a hard time remembering it. I have to write it down for them, but then they say it how it looks on paper. I can never win. The name is hard to say and hard to remember. It doesn't describe the dog, either. So, even though it would be difficult to go through all the steps of changing the name (changing websites, getting the word out, having everyone who owns one say the new name, etc.) we might want to think about going through the hoops of it all now before we grow any further.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about this idea and if you do agree that the name could change would you please give your ideas for a new name here. We wanted to keep NASC, but that may not be possible. Here are some ideas I've thought of before...
North American Shepherd Club
Northern Shepherd Club of America
North American Companion Dog
North American Sandolf Club
Northern Adar Club
Fenris Club of America
Anscom
Edon
North American Singarti Club
North American Sagiv Club

Anyway, I'd like to hear from you and find out what you think about the name and if we should change it or not.

Shepaluteprez
Back to top Go down
http://www.vallecito-alsatians.com

Changing Our Name?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™ :: Archived Discussions-
Jump to: