American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™

This forum has been created to allow open discussion for American Alsatian breeders only.

HomeEventsGalleryLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Akela's Snow Day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Akela's Snow Day Empty
PostSubject: Akela's Snow Day   Akela's Snow Day Icon_minitime25/3/2010, 17:47

Originally posted by Akelasmom on January 17, 2007.

It snowed hard Tuesday, dumping about 4 inches in 3 hours. I went outside just as a school bus was coming down my rural road. I stood and watched as it slowly went into a sideways slide, missing going into the ditch by an inch. It was stuck sideways across most of both lanes. The driver called the dispatch for help, but she couldn't leave her bus, and had to control about 20 kids. I went over and directed traffic(not much on my road, but the bus was on a blind corner in the oncoming lane). Parents were called and started coming to get their kids. The rest of the kids were antsy, so I brought out Kela. She had a blast in the snow, and all the kids came to that side of the bus to watch her play, After about 10 tries, she willingly went up the bus steps, and became a popular passenger, giving the kids a tongue bath. The kids had lots of their own doggy stories to tell, and it was all good! Pet therapy in action!
After a couple of hours, help finally arrived and two guys chained up the bus tires, and she drove out of there. Going down the hill, she did what got her in trouble in the first place: she put her foot on the brake, locking up the front wheels, and slid down the road, miraculously negotiating the S curve, and on up to the highway. We all stood there holding our breath, watching.

Kela had a wonderful time today. After a busy morning of socalizing in PetSmart, then Walmart, being a watch dog in the car while I went shopping, then 2 hours with the kids on the bus, playing in the snow...that I'm sure she thought came just for her...she is out on the deck asleep in the snow. She wakes up every hour or so, goes through the doggy door and checks up on me, then heads out again. It was a big day for a 6 month old pup. She's so COOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vallecito-alsatians.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Akela's Snow Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akela's Snow Day   Akela's Snow Day Icon_minitime25/3/2010, 17:48

Originally posted by shepaluteprez on January 21, 2007.

I bet Akela was tired! hehe. That's a great story. It's neat that the bus driver let her come up on the bus. Akela saved the day. What a sweet girl she is. I wish I could see her, and I can't believe she's 80 pounds already! That's super cool. Thanks for sharing your story. Talk to you soon.

Shepaluteprez
Back to top Go down
http://www.vallecito-alsatians.com

Akela's Snow Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™ :: Archived Discussions-
Jump to: