American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™

This forum has been created to allow open discussion for American Alsatian breeders only.

HomeEventsGalleryLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Akela Brings Me Things

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Akela Brings Me Things Empty
PostSubject: Akela Brings Me Things   Akela Brings Me Things Icon_minitime25/3/2010, 17:32

Originally posted by Akelasmom on December 12, 2006.

Akela has developed a pattern of bringing me things! Early on, I trained her to "drop" whatever is in her mouth. Several times now she has brought me something, nudged me to get my attention, and placed the item in my hand. Reminded me of the actions of a Seeing Eye Dog. These items are ones from the backyard that she's brought into the house, via the doggy door, and delivered to me. So, she has this thought process started when she finds whatever it is. Once it was a little piece of wood with a screw sticking out of it. Another time it was a postcard(I think it started inside the house, tho!) It seems she brings me things that shouldn't be in the back yard. I wish she would do the same with my socks she steals!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vallecito-alsatians.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Akela Brings Me Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akela Brings Me Things   Akela Brings Me Things Icon_minitime25/3/2010, 17:33

Originally posted by shepaluteprez on December 13, 2006.

LOL...that is so funny! I can just picture the socks disappearing. My dog did that, too! How nice of her to pick up your backyard for you. Akela sounds like a doll. What else have you been teaching her?

Shepaluteprez
Back to top Go down
http://www.vallecito-alsatians.com

Akela Brings Me Things
Page 1 of 1