American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™

This forum has been created to allow open discussion for American Alsatian breeders only.

HomeEventsGalleryLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Light Muzzle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Light Muzzle Empty
PostSubject: Light Muzzle   Light Muzzle Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 13:57

Originally posted by Shepaluteprez on March 16, 2007.

I can't believe it. I didn't think it was true. Citara's muzzle is lightening up to brown instead of black. You know I love a lighter muzzle because I love the wolf mask look. I hope it continues to lighten, perhaps to Odessa shade? I hope so.

Shepaluteprez
Back to top Go down
http://www.vallecito-alsatians.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Light Muzzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Muzzle   Light Muzzle Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 13:57

Originally posted by Akelasmom on March 21, 2007.

At eight months, Akela is getting some grey in her coat! She is a lovely sable, though not nearly as dark as her dad, Zoro. I noticed she has a lot of grey hair on her thighs and shoulders now. It will be interesting to see what she looks like when she sheds her winter coat, and how much of it she sheds.
One thing I love about her coat is the fact that she doesn't shed all over the house. And another, that her coat doesn't smell. She's never had a doggy odor. Is it the breed or the brewers yeast?
Beth
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Light Muzzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Muzzle   Light Muzzle Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 13:58

Originally posted by Shepaluteprez on March 21, 2007.

I bet she's beautiful! Can you show us a photo of her new look?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Light Muzzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Muzzle   Light Muzzle Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 13:59

Originally posted by Wolfspirit on March 21, 2007.

good morning folks...lighter muzzles... its great that citara is finally lightining up in the muzzle for you. over the years she will lighten up even more. by the time they are 8 their muzzles will be very light.
Someone is thinking about purchasing zorro. got the call from illinois. i tried to discourage him and told him to look around and check out all the pictures and see if this is the dog for him. i am sure he will be getting back to me. oh well, guess its what needs to be done. i was hoping that someone closer would buy him so i could see him now and then.
sweet adiline my annabel (anny) is a pistol. sure is dark. she bit jim and her claws tore a small hole in his shirt.
we put her in the kennel with only one dog at a time and the beam and elvis like to play bite the pup. so she is giving them a run for thier money. she is tough that little gal.
i think she will do for a first generation outcross. not perfect but her pups will come pretty close to ok and with the other outcross we should do fine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Light Muzzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Muzzle   Light Muzzle Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 13:59

Originally posted by Shepaluteprez on Oct. 8, 2007.

OK, I want to take a poll about this lighter muzzle issue. According to our breed's standards, the should be a Dire wolf-looking dog with large round bones, massive heads, and giant paws. It also states that a light muzzle is acceptable. Now, I've heard from the founder that the majority of people prefer darker muzzles. She further states that looks aren't as important as personality and intelligence. While I agree with the latter argument, I am not sure about how others feel about dark versus light muzzles. So...I'd like to know. Please pipe up when you can and let me know which you'd prefer...a lighter more wolfish mask on the muzzle, or a darker more shepherdy muzzle.

Thanks.

Shepaluteprez
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Light Muzzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Muzzle   Light Muzzle Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 14:00

Originally posted by Akelasmom on Oct. 8, 2007.

For me, I like the sable coat, and with that look, the darker muzzle is more appealling. The important thing here is a pleasing look overall. If you have a really dark dog, would a light muzzle be more pleasing? Or would it look odd?
Akela was born with a bit of white on her chin and upper lip right under her nose. It went away for awhile. Now she is getting her first adult winter coat in and this lip/chin hair has turned silver. Her muzzle is black. It will be interesting to see how far this silver will go. She has size and mass, so this is the most important than color anyway.
By the way, she has gotten really tall. Showing her f2 breeding from her Pyrenees/Anatolian grandfather. It's nice I don't have to bend over to pet her back, but she can stop growing now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Light Muzzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Muzzle   Light Muzzle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light Muzzle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
American Alsatian... a lamb in wolf's clothing.™ :: Archived Discussions-
Jump to: